Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Things have been super crazy lately. I'm ready for it to simmer.


With Prom coming up the school has been nothing but drama, break-ups, and freak-outs. I'm so ready for all the plans to be made and it to be seven and taking pictures, anxious for the night to begin. However, we still have a whole 'nother month until prom and until then I won't be slowing down. Along with Operation Prom my friends and I are on, I have a birthday, Easter, Retreat, Moms' bday, Brothers' bday, Mom's Emmaus.. (etc). Everything is coming too fast! Where did all my time go?


I've been reminising a lot about how "grown up" I've become since another year has passed. It's so weird to see how much things can change in such a short amount of time. This time last year I had super long, dark hair, a boyfriend I don't even talk to anymore, and I spent a lot more time with my friends. However, the last ones changing. It makes me wonder where I'll be after next year, as I'll be almost done with highschool and getting ready to graduate. Freaky.


Last weekend is really what brought me to reminise. I went on a Jesus Retreat with the sixth graders at my church as a chaperone. I became sort of iffy on it, however, I had more of a blast than I ever thought I would. I never realized how much I missed being so naive. Some of the other girls and I were talking about boys-us being typical girls- and they were saying how this girl was so skanky because her and her boyfriend would actually go to the Chiller (ice rink) and kiss. It's weird to think that at one point in my life I thought kissing was such a taboo topic. Ahh.. the good ol' days..


interesting tidbit: Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.


Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment